APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2009-01 > 1232999684

From: "Kenyatta D. Berry" <>
Subject: [APG] Using Case Studies
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 11:54:44 -0800

Greetings,

On Friday, I am presenting on How to Begin your Genealogy Research. Since,
I am new to California, I thought it might be neat to use a "well known"
resident as a case study. When I have taught this course in the past, I
have rarely used case studies to show the genealogical research process.
While I find case studies to be effective in very specialized research such
as African American, Native American or Property research. I am not sure it
would be as effective for a beginning genealogy lecture. Has anyone used
case studies in the past for this type of lecture? If so, have they been
effective tool for engaging the audience? Thanks in advance for your
assistance.

Regards,
--
Kenyatta D. Berry