APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2009-03 > 1237746043

From: "Stewart Millar" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Mormon News
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 18:20:43 -0000

Dear All,

I have no particular wish to upset anyone - but I have to say that for a
bunch of educated researchers the breadth of knowledge about LDS records on
familysearch on this list is pretty low. I have rarely seen so many myths
and mis-information given and seemingly accepted by others without a stitch
of research other that the anecdotal error - and I know there are quite a
few amongst the combined one billion or so entries in the IGI/AF & PRF.

I have seemingly tried in vain to provide some backgrounds and education -
and no doubt will again when the tide of un-researched mis-information
breeches my patience.

Babies and bathwater come to mind - let me know if you don't understand that
on the other side of the pond.

Have a nice day everyone,
Stewart Millar
Berkshire, England