APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2009-04 > 1240527267

Subject: Re: [APG] DNA information needed
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 18:54:27 EDT

And that potential is changing rapidly as we apply the newer testing
capabilities of companies that test all 23 chromosomes and allow us to compare
ALL results with others.

I'm still marveling at a half-identical match on a strip of chromosome 9
with a man who knows nothing about his birth parents. We don't know if and
what the familial connection might be but we also share the same mtDNA
haplogroup. It would appear to be more than mere coincidence somewhere back
there. I don't even match others who I KNOW I share some kinship with as
closely as I match this individual.

In a message dated 4/23/2009 6:30:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

I agree that published case studies have not yet exhausted the potential
for applying DNA data to genealogical problems, but that is far from
in the dark.
Donn Devine, CG, CGL

This thread: