APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2009-04 > 1240580818

From: "LBoswell" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] DNA information needed +++ possibility for learning more....
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 09:46:58 -0400

I'm considering looking for a course in this subject area, maybe involving
stats analysis (or not), but definitely something in the area of DNA
analysis. Not necessarily genealogy related (because I doubt such a beast
exists, or if it did it wouldn't be accessible from where I am). I've
thought of just a 101 biology but I think I'm solid in the basics. Probably
something more in the area of applying advanced statistical analysis. As
you can tell I'm having trouble getting a good course option in mind.
Population genetics seems possible area to look in for it, but any
suggestions? There are lots of apparent options, but trying to select
something that could be later useful from a genealogical pov.

Larry