APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2009-04 > 1241123158

From: "Elissa Scalise Powell, CG" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Family Memoirs Book - Suggestions Needed
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 16:25:58 -0400

Lesli,
I, myself, favor option 3 because you already have permission; it makes a
whole out of the 3 books, and as you stated, the younger generation doesn't
even have access to some of the info. With permission more support for the
project would hopefully follow, such as sales or financial support to print.
Typing the first book could be a labor of love for some cousin, if not
yourself.

You are to be congratulated for not letting the family stories die.
Identifying from whence they came (visit to old country, etc.) will help
anyone in the future carry forward and verify the information.

I did a family reunion booklet once and got so much feedback at the reunion
that a second edition of corrections and additions had to be put out. It is
good to get that feedback up front. <g>

Have a great time at the reunion.

-- Elissa

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG
www.PowellGenealogy.com
Certification of Genealogists, used under license after periodic evaluations
by the Board.

This thread: