APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2009-05 > 1241804384

From: "Elissa Scalise Powell, CG" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Could APG do more?
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 13:39:44 -0400

APG already provides this service. Any consumer can contact the APG office
and ask about any APG member. I am not sure how much Kathy can tell them in
the interest of privacy but I believe she does respond to each inquiry.

The arbitration arm of APG handles complaints from clients, other
professionals and anyone that needs to file a complaint against a member.
The committee weighs the evidence and tries to work with the member to
resolve the issue. The results depend on how interactive the member is with
the process. Hopefully all is resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

Best wishes,
Elissa

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG
www.PowellGenealogy.com
Certification of Genealogists, used under license after periodic evaluations
by the Board.

<snipped>
> Every business might be subject to
> spurious complaints, and this model allows a consumer to evaluate the type
> of complaint and whether or not there were attempts to resolve whatever
the
> issue was.

This thread: