APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2009-05 > 1242003072

From: Patti Hobbs <>
Subject: Re: [APG] PayPal for societies?
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 19:51:12 -0500

Non-profits get a discounted rate through Paypal, but documentation must be
shown. That requires scanning and sending in three or four different
official documents for verification. Then you have the typical verification
process showing that the person wanting to open the account has access to
the bank account. That can require coordination with the treasurer (I'm the
treasurer, too, so that was easy for me.:-) ) I wonder two things: 1.)
maybe verification was difficult with a Swedish company, 2.) I wonder if the
problem had to do with the *type* of account. You begin the process by
selecting the "business" option and then you can choose further options,
e.g., non-profit corporation.

Patti