APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2009-05 > 1242060917

From: "Dee Dee King,Certified Genealogist" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Genealogical Education
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 09:55:17 -0700 (PDT)

I know I'm ready to see the profession move on from the pity-party and start applying our professional methodology and standards to our own dilemma. Gather info on everything we have now, analyze it, figure out what we want, research the resources, and develop plans to reach our goals and objectives. And that may mean we heed our own advice and *hire professionals* to help us.

I'm tired of seeing us treat ourselves like some second class profession. Let's stop doing that to ourselves and commit to modernizing. Let's get out of the "that's the way we've always done it" rut and commit to modernizing for today and leading in the future.

"LBoswell" <> said:

"We don't get no respect...." ...it's time to ditch that kind of
self-conscious, demeaning view of ourselves. At best it makes us look as
though we don't have any confidence in the legitimacy of this field

Larry

.