APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2009-05 > 1242131820

From: Jeanette Daniels <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Genealogical Education
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 05:37:00 -0700 (PDT)

"The APG could be in the forefront of that. Yet 95-percent of the APG website appears to exist solely as a place to advertise the services of the members. Very little exists there to actually educate either the consumer or the struggling newcomer to the field."

Carolyne,

Your email has actually stated some of Dee Dee's and others frustrations with APG.   Dee Dee is proud of her CG but it does have limitations in the type of work that she does using her genealogical skills.  Professions have certain criterion that make them professions and genealogy doesn't yet have those in place.  Several are working to create what is necessary for that but there is still more that needs to be done for the professionalization of genealogy.

Jeanette