APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2009-05 > 1243266039

From: "Elissa Scalise Powell, CG" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Charity function
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 11:40:39 -0400

Brenda,
If lieu of an expiration date, you could do a "suggested use by" date
although I favor an expiration date.

You may want to say what type of service or time period you can research.
Also that anything above 2 hours could be discussed at your usual fee. Watch
for experienced family historians looking for a couple of hours of a project
that would really take longer just to assess. I had that happen at one
auction. The assessment of the active 90 year old's material was going to be
longer than the auction-authorized time. I suggested to the purchasers, who
were doing this as a surprise for the 90 year old, to think of another
project because they didn't want to incur any more costs nor ask their gift
recipient to pitch in. Everyone has more than one research problem. <g>

-- Elissa

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG
www.PowellGenealogy.com
Certification of Genealogists, used under license after periodic evaluations
by the Board.

Of