APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2009-06 > 1244585332

From: Ray Beere Johnson II <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Published census reports [was: 1910 census help ...]
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 15:08:52 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Tue, 6/9/09, <> wrote:
> Kathy, I did see the explanation and my bookmark tab has
> been open; the bookmarks and tables of content are visible
> therein, but none of the links work--which is why I
> questioned whether there was something wrong with my
> computer system.
>
> Under both Adobe Acrobat 8.0 Pro and my new Adobe Acrobat
> 9.0 Pro Extended, the bookmarks at this site have been
> totally inoperable—which is why I queried the CB as to
> whether they had started the scanning project, set up the
> bookmarks for each 10K unit, and then delayed the project
> after the initial sampling.
>
> After Samford, I’ll get with Adobe and see what’s
> causing the problem.

I've never upgraded Acrobat Pro 7, so I can't say for certain what is wrong in the later versions, but an educated guess would be security settings. If Acrobat, the OS, the default browser or download manager, your firewall, or your router, (to mention the obvious candidates) are set up to ignore links within a PDF, they will not work. The router is an unlikely candidate. All of the others are potential players. (Since the first file downloaded fine, blocking of the host site can be ruled out, of course.)
Ray Beere Johnson II

This thread: