APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2009-06 > 1244912585

From: <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Follow-up on "Prodecy" (1910 census)
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 12:03:05 -0500

Richard,

Your hypothesis is plausible. Now what tests can you put it through to prove
it?

One thing strikes me about your discussion: The only records you have
mentioned are censuses. Personally, I'd be extremely reluctant to base any
conclusion on just one type of record. Is there absolutely nothing else on
these individuals in the local records you haven't mentioned--county and
circuit court minutes (as well as probate and property records), church
records, newspapers, etc.--that would help your hypothesis rise to the level
of the Genealogical Proof Standard?

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL, FASG
APG member, Tennessee