APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2009-06 > 1245641403

Subject: Re: [APG] Akamai University
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 23:30:03 -0400

Ray,

As an Akamai Univeristy graduate, I can say that my mentor, the president, and every instructor I had contact with was upfront about Akamai University being an unaccredited university. Being unaccredited does not mean they are not of a high quality or have something to hide. This simply means that organizations or states as you have pointed out may not accept your degree as "proof" of receiving an education in a particular field. Akamai University has been working hard toward accreditation; however, this process is long and costs a lot of money. Akamai University even has a page dedicated to explaining their accreditation. http://www.akamaiuniversity.us/accreditation.html?In this accreditation explanation they even state that one should?choose a school based on their own needs and goals.?I have been taking online courses since 2004 and my courses through Akamai were of the highest quality.

Jennifer Eklund