APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2009-06 > 1245696678

From: Rodney Sam <>
Subject: [APG] APG] parentage of Elizabeth Senette alias Babet MasseandEuphrosine Masse, f.w.o.c
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:51:18 -0700 (PDT)

I contacted the courthouse archival department in Opelousas,Louisiana to inquire having a search done of wills, probates, and other types of records for any references to my gggg grandfather, Louis Sam, a free person of color, for any clues that might lead to learn more about his wife, Elizabeth Senette alias Babet Masse(my gggg gm), a free woman of color, and her sister, Euphrosine Masse(also known as Senette). I know that Louis Sam had some cattle and a small parcel of land he acquired from the estate of Magdalaine Masse, fwoc, who was also the woman who freed him from slavery.

Rodney Sam

This thread: