APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2009-06 > 1246342324

From: gothamgal <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Forgotten Irish Women
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 02:12:04 -0400

I found a web listing for a 2008 symposium at Pace on the church where the
records were found. Both the priest and the woman listed in the article were
at this event. You can read more about it here:

http://www.pace.edu/page.cfm?doc_id=30910

It's unclear why posters in 2006 were unable to track them down.

You can Google the James Watson House to see photos and read some background
info. There's no mention of the Irish ledgers.

As recently as January 2009, Father Meehan was still at Our Lady of the
Rosary church. See:

http://cny.org/archive/er/er011509.htm

An online parish directory lists the following contact information:

http://www.holycrossbronx.parishesonline.com/scripts/HostedSites/Org.asp?ID=
18105

I would suggest those interested in the ledgers nominate one person to
phone, so the church isn't overwhelmed with calls.

Best of luck,

Laura
Brooklyn, NY

This thread: