APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2009-07 > 1246840452

From: "LBoswell" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Under the North Star
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 20:34:12 -0400

You mean like peter pan, following the north star? Just kidding, I'd agree
but I'd add "in a northerly direction." Some travelled quite far to find
seasonal work in forestry or earlier, in the fur trade. Up to 1000 km in
some cases. Some of the routes were well established even in that period.
What's the state of railways in that time period. Some established I think?

But I think we've collectively milked a lot of possibles from a few lines.
We're like her, in a sense, chasing a meaning that will likely remain lost
somewhere 'under the north star'. Figuratively or literally.

Would be interesting to track the Hortens

Larry