ARBENTON-L Archives

Archiver > ARBENTON > 2006-05 > 1148788601

Subject: Re: a forgotten CONFEDERATE soldier
Date: 27 May 2006 21:56:41 -0600

Surnames: ENGLISH
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/5U.2ADI/4046.1.1

Message Board Post:

Dear Katherine,
Thankyou so much for sharing this beautiful event with me. It reminds me of when I was young and I'd go with Grammy to the Seber family plot in Waller -
we'd clean it up, and weed it, put it fresh flowers from her garden, and we'd "visit" with each family member which included my GG-grandparents.
This truly means a lot to me even though Joseph is not my ancestor but a 5th or 6th cousin by marriage.
He had no full siblings and 8 much older half siblings he never knew and 4 younger half siblings who seemed to have lost him over time.
There's a very very special place in my heart for cousin Joseph and as far as I know no one else has ever bothered to research his life and that is surely their loss for it has given me great pleasure to get to "kniow" him.
My heartfelt thanks for this special thoughtfulness,
Kathye

This thread: