ARFULTON-L Archives

Archiver > ARFULTON > 2002-07 > 1026425154

From: "Lola L. Allen" <>
Subject: [ARFULTON] Bass,Bishop,Carr,Emery,Irby,Ouzt,Phillips,Reed,Todd,Walker
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 15:05:54 -0700

Hello Everyone,
My name is Lola Allen, and I live in Dixon, CA, a small community near
Sacramento. My earliest ancestor to Fulton Co., AR was Nancy (EMERY) CARR,
b. 1835 (Meigs Co.?) TN and d. 1902 Fulton Co., AR. Nancy was widowed
during the Civil War and moved from TN to MO. In 1870, she and her children
were living in Dent Co., MO with the John Nixon & Sarah Agnes (CARR)
PENDERGRASS family. Sarah was Nancy's sister-in-law. Sometime before 1880,
Nancy and her children settled in South Fork Township. In 1884, Nancy
(EMERY) CARR married Robert R. Preston TODD. She was widowed again when
R.R.P. TODD died in 1898. Nancy (EMERY) CARR TODD is not listed in the
Fulton Co., AR cemetery book; however, she is believed to be buried in an
unmarked grave in Burks Chapel Cemetery.

1 Nancy Jane EMERY 1835 - 1902
+John W. CARR 1837 - 1865
2 Sarah Ann CARR 1855 - 1922
+James Christopher REED 1850 - 1939
2 Nancy Jane CARR 1857 - Bef. 1880
2 Tabitha M. CARR 1859 -
+Thomas TODD 1856 -
*2nd Husband of Tabitha M. CARR:
+Theophilus C. PHILLIPS 1840 - 1906
2 William Marion CARR 1860 -
+Mary (IRBY?)
*2nd Wife of William Marion CARR:
+Jane BASS 1860 -
*3rd Wife of William Marion CARR:
+Eliza REED 1871 -
2 Margaret R. CARR 1863 -
+William Albert WALKER 1856 - 1936
2 Cordealy CARR 1871 - 1915
+Harmon Lily BISHOP 1866 - 1919
2 John Wallace CARR 1872 - 1910
+Nettie OUZT 1876 -
*2nd Husband of Nancy Jane EMERY:
+Robert R. Preston TODD 1816 - 1898

Nancy (EMERY) CARR TODD's children moved from Fulton Co., AR. James C.
& Sarah (CARR) REED, Harmon Lily & Cordealy (CARR) BISHOP, and John Wallace
& Nettie (OUZT) CARR all moved to Bristow, Creek Co., OK before 1910.
Tabitha M. (CARR) TODD PHILLIPS moved to OK as well, and according to
descendants, she is buried in Durant, Bryan Co., OK. William Marion CARR is
a puzzle. He is my great grandfather, and I don't know what became of him
after 1900. William A. & Margaret R. (CARR) WALKER stayed in AR, and
sometime before 1936, they moved to Tuckerman, Jackson Co., AR.

Regards,
Lola

This thread: