ARGARLAN-L Archives

Archiver > ARGARLAN > 1999-12 > 0944102338

From: <>
Subject: [ARGARLAN] Smiths,Koch,Mayberry,and Obright Families in Garland County
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 21:38:58 EST

My name is George Koch Smith and I was born on August 12, 1929 in Hot
Springs. My father was LutherTaylor (Bud) Smith b. july 30,1895 d.December
19, 1954 in Hot Springs.His brother was Earl Sutton (Oil) Smith b. February
14, 1897 in Hot Springs d. June 8, 1963,Veterans Hospital ,Little Rock.Their
mother was Julia Belle Mayberry,b.March 16, 1879, d.August 11, 1960 in Hot
Springs.Her father was Garrett Mayberry.I believe his father was Thomas J.
Mayberry.

My mother was Frieda Elizabeth Koch b.September 2, 1894 in Hot
Springs..d.November 27, 1960 in Hot Springs. Her father was Dr. George
Charles Koch b.February 25, 1863 in Berlin,Germany..d.January 25, 1925. Her
mother was Hattie Elizabeth Obright b. may 8, 1873 in New York
City..d.October 5, 1958 in Hot Springs.My Mother's brother was Heine Koch who
died abt 1938-9 in Hot Springs.

I have a sister Elizabeth Ann Smith Kiker and a brother Luther Taylor
Smith,Jr. My grandmothers parents were Michael Obright and Josephine van Dorn
Obright

I got involved in researching my family when my wife's mother died in January
of this year and after the funeral my son & daughter started asking questions
about my family which I could not answer and I came to the realization of how
little I really know about my family..They bought me a compac computer and a
family tree maker program,Version 6 in May as an early birthday present..and
here I am some 7 monyhs later and I am at a "Brick Wall". any help,
assistance or guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thanking one and all in
advance,,,,Sincerely.My apology for such a long e-mail
George Koch
Smith
5027 Cross
Poine Drive