ARHEMPST-L Archives

Archiver > ARHEMPST > 2004-03 > 1078505788

From: "Pattie Causey" <>
Subject: will of Burkett Davenport Jett, Hempstead Co., AR
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 12:00:42 -0500

Burkett Davenport Jett, Book C, page 15

"Know all men by these presents that I Burkett Davenport Jett of the county of Hempstead and State of Arkansas gentleman being in good health and of sound and disposing mind and memory do make and publish this my last Will and testament hereby revoking all former Wills by me at any time heretofore made
First I do constitute and appoint my Sons Benjamin P. Jett & William S. Jett to be my Executors of this my last Will and Testament directing my said Executors to pay all my Just debts and funeral expenses and the legacies hereinafter given out of my Estate
Second after the payment of my said debts and funeral expenses I give to my son James P. Jett the sum of one thousand dollars to be placed in the hands of Benj. P. Jett in Trust for him the said James P. Jett to be used for the mentainance and support of him in such maner and form as the said Benj. P. Jett may deem prudent and advisable
Third all the rest and residue of my estate real personal or mixed of which I shall die siezed and possessed whether of money or other effects to which I shall be entitled at the time of my decease I give devise and bequeath to be equally divided and between my two sons Benjamin P. Jett and William S. Jett their heirs legal forever
In testimony whereof I the said Burkett D. Jett have to this my last Will and testament subscribed my name and affixed my seal this 12 day of March in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and forty six
Burkett D. Jett (Seal)
Signed Sealed published and declared by the said
Burkett D. Jett as and for his last Will and
testament in presence of us who at his request
and in his presence and in the presence of Each
other have subscribed our names as witnesses
hereto
A. Block
David Block"

(probate 5 March 1849)