ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 1999-05 > 0927574427

From: <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Smith and Brooks
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 15:33:47 EDT

LaMyra

You know, I really don't know if my (uncle) Archie Smith was married more
than once. The wife (Zetta Summers) that I knew of passed away in the 1980's
and is buried in Miami, Oklahoma. His two children are still alive, one
living in Miami and the other in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. I don't know them
well, but I am not too shy to contact them and ask. I will.....

The Arch Smith in Guion is odd, my thought is that may be it is a relative
and may be that my Archie (b circa 1914) may have been named after the Arch
Smith. What kind of time frame do you think the Arch Smith has (birth and/or
death) that his descendants still frequent his home in Guion?

I just seem so close to making a connection....the Lucy E. Brooks connection
with Luther Smith sort of threw me off, I have to say. This researcher even
wrote on the notes that she sent me above the picture of Nora F. Louis and
Johnnie William Brooks; "This is probably your great great grandparents."

Thanks again for the 1900 Census information on the Luther Smith and I'll do
some research from that material.

Oh well.....

Later,

Bernie