ARIZARD-L ArchivesArchiver > ARIZARD > 1999-11 > 0943335575
From: "John and Nancy Nolan" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Avey Family
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 21:39:35 -0800
Here is my Avey Family:
John Avey, Sr. born about 1800 in NC and married Jane born 1805 TN. Their children:
1. Andrew Avey born about 1820 TN and died before 1860, married Harriet Unknown.
2. John Avey, Jr. born 1822 KY and died about 1850 and married Sarah A. Unknown.
3. Daniel Avey born 1824 KY.
4. Peter Avey born 1829 (see following)
5. Jacob "Jake" Avey born 1834-1835 MO and married Martha Unknown and Ider Madewell.
6. Elizabeth Avey born 1843 in MO.
7. Mary Avey born about 1845 in AR.
Peter Avey born 1829 in KY and married about 1849, Mary Jane George born 1830 in TN. Their children were:
1. James Epson Avey born March 10, 1850. (See following)
2. Nancy Jane Avey born 1852. (See following)
3. Delilah Avey born 1856-1860. She is with them in 1870 at age 10.
Nancy Avey born 1852 married Henry B. Harris born Feb. 4, 1850, son of Andrew/Andres Cresswell Harris born 1824 and died 1872 and Lucretia Jeffery born Sept. 21, 1827 in Mt. Olive, Izard County, AR and died 1892-1895 in Optimus, Stone County, AR. Lucretia's parents were Jehoida Jeffery and Mary "Polly" Ware/Weir.
James Epson Avey born March 10, 1850 in Marion County, AR and died May 4, 1914 in Stone County, AR. He married Rebecca Parlee Anderson on March 10, 1870 in AR. Rebecca's parents were James A. Anderson and Nancy Jane Hamm. Rebecca was born Aug. 27, 1851 in Wayne County, TN and died Sept. 15, 1876 in Stone County, AR. The children of James and Rebecca were:
1. John Clayborne Avey born March 16, 1872. (see following)
2. Mary Jane Avey born May 7, 1873 in AR and died July 26, 1949 in Stone County, AR. She married James B. Anderson on Aug. 8, 1889 in Stone County, AR.
3. Rebecca Parlee Avey born Sept. 13, 1874 and died July 15, 1954 in Stone County, AR. She married John Dodson on Aug. 5, 1893 in Searcy County, AR.
4. Jamie Avey born 1876. He died after 1880 as he is living with his mother's parents in 1880.
James Epson Avey married 2nd after 1876, Lucinda Dodson.
John Clayborne Avey born mar 16, 1872 in Newnata, Stone County, AR and died July 11, 1940 same place. He married Edna Jane Gower on Dec. 24, 1891 in Stone County, AR. Edna's parents were William Lewis "Bill" Gower and Louvisa Martin. Edna was born July 6, 1873 in Stone County, AR and died Dec 12 1922 in Newnata, Stone County, AR. Their child was:
1. Anna Lou Avey born May 5, 1895 in Newnata and died Feb. 25, 1954 in LaFlore, OK and married Marvin Almus Emery Gower on Oct. 12, 1913 in Stone County, AR. Marvin's parents were Jesse Emery and Hannah E. Gower (Don't know why the apparent last name change, or could be in error). Marvin was born June 23, 1894 in Newnata and died Dec. 7, 1980 in Okmulgee, Okmulgee County, OK. The child of Anna Lou and Marvin was:
1. Flora Gower born Oct. 5, 1918 in Newnata and married Manuel Roy Terrill on May 12, 1939 in Okfuskee County, OK.
This is the information I have gathered. If you can correct errors, I'd like that. Hope this helps, Nancy Nolan