ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2000-10 > 0973047194

From: "E. Champion" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD-L] Ice Card!
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 20:53:14 -0600

When we lived in Southern Illinois my Dad was the local "ice man"! I
remember that in the summer Mom and I would ride with him on our ice route.
Because it was hot , Mom would take a handkerchief, go to the back of the
truck, and chip little bits of ice into the handkerchief! That was first
class air conditioning! From the inside out!

I recently connected with someone who family knew us when we ran the store
and Dad was the iceman!

<<<Hi Evalyn,
Great to hear from you. I remember your family well. Not sure about the
spelling but I remember you have a brother Tad. Your Dad was our ice man. We
put the card in the window on ice day with the amount of ice we needed at
the top so he knew how much ice to bring in without having to come to the
door to ask. That saved him a lot of steps in a day. Didn't you live North
of Bartons at one time? My parents were good friends with Woody and Velta.
They were the first ones of our friends to have a TV and on Saturday night
everyone went to their house to watch "rasslin".>>>>>

The Woody and Velta were my Aunt and Uncle Woodrow and Velta Waggoner
Gilliland!

Small world!

Ev