ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2000-12 > 0978135460

From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Layne and Lane - Vera and Dwight
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 17:17:40 -0700
References: <20001229175052.35681.qmail@web11203.mail.yahoo.com> <068b01c071e2$3e39d920$978f8ed1@VeraReeves> <001d01c071e9$253c4780$ef42b118@chnd1.az.home.com>

Sorry Bernie, I just didn't notice that it was addressed to me. I've been
enjoying and getting to know all of you on the list. I do believe this one
was my fault.

My Lane Family came from Washington County, IN by way of Macon County, IL
and Morgan County, MO then my branch came into Randolph County, AR for a
brief stop and into Izard before ending up in the Norfork, Baxter County
area. One son said when he started school a teacher told him lane was a path
you walk down and Layne is the way you spell a surname. He and his children
have always spelled it Layne. Some of his children have lived and married in
the Melbourne area. He married first Lema Van Pinkston.

I wasn't able to connect to any other Lanes anywhere in Arkansas. My
grgrgrandfather, James B. Lane was born in IN and I know nothing more about
him other than he is buried in the Galatia Cemetery near Norfork.

My Lane family is connected to Rosson, Teegarden, Gray, Lawson and Pinkston
from around the Calico Rock and Norfork areas.

I also have a couple of my Welch that married into the Pinkston Family.

Don't give up on me Bernie I'll get the hang of this yet, Vera

From: "Bernie Moore-Knowles" <>
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2000 3:46 PM
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Layne and Lane - Vera and Dwight

> Hi Vera
> This is pretty bizarre. I have to ask......did my post addressed to you
> post to the IZARD List regarding the Lane/Layne families?
> If not, then this is two in several days that haven't shown up. Something
> tells me that I need to hush my chatter for awhile.
> But, not to worry all.....I'll be heading out in a couple of days and you
> can have a Bernie Reprieve! LOL
> Anyway Vera.......here is the email that I sent you:
> From: "Bernie Moore-Knowles" <>
> Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2000 10:16 PM
> Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Lane, Tiller, Roebuck and Ozburn - Vera and
Dwight
> > Hi Vera
> > My paternal ggggrandfather was a Lane/Layne. Like yourself, I have
never
> > been able to connect to Dwight's though. Seems mine were in neighboring
> > Fulton Co. and their migration seems to have been VA TN MO AR.
> > My ggrandparents were Thomas Ozburn and Eliza Tiller, daughter of David
> > Layne Tiller and Betsy Ann Roebuck. The Ozburns were in Howell Co.,
> > Missouri and Randolph Co., Arkansas and some of their children ended up
in
> > Lawrence Co., Arkansas. So, they danced all around Izard Co.......but,
as
> I
> > know now, havne't been able to connect them to Dwight's. But, thought
I'd
> > post the line, just in case.
> > Ya never know,
> > Descendants of David Layne, Jr.
> > 1 David Layne, Jr.
> in
> > Randolph Co., Missouri d: March 03, 1914 in Hannibal, Marion Co.,
> Missouri
> > ................................... +Cordelia F. Halley b: July 29,
1850
> in
> > Macon Co., Missouri m: November 22, 1868 in Macon Co., Missouri d: Aft.
> 1880
> > From: "Vera Reeves" <>
> > To: <>
> > Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2000 11:05 PM
> > Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Roll Call
> > > Well Dwight since my maiden name is Lane I've paid more attention to
> your
> > > name than some of the others.
> > > I just can not connect to the Lanes around Izard County. Mine are from
> > > Washington County, IN and didn't get to Izard County until 1900.
> > >
> > > I can't use my scanner the way some of you can so will need a mailing
> > > address, send it to and the article will be on
> it's
> > > To: <>
> > > Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2000 6:31 PM
> > > Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Roll Call
> > > > Hi Vera;
> > > > My name is Dwight Lane and I welcome you to the Izard List. I am a
> > direct
> > > > descendant of Washington T. Forrest and his third wife Nancy J.
Cook.
> > > > Where it says "jump to a specific database" enter thurlane
> > > > Dwight Lane
> > > > Lane-Collier Cousins Web-Page
> > > > http://www.geocities.com/thurlane/
> > > > Searching for: COLLIER, DOBBS, FORREST, McSPADDEN, STROUD, AND LANE,
> > > VANCE,
> > > > GAY, NORMAN, METCALF.
> > > > ----Original Message Follows----
> > > > From: "Vera Reeves" <>
> > > > Reply-To:
> > > > To:
> > > > Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Roll Call
> > > > Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 16:05:31 -0700
> > > > Evalyn,
> > > >
> > > > I have a copy of an article about Lt. Gen Nathan Bedford Forrest.
The
> Phoenix, Arizona
> "I have Indian blood in me. I have just enough White blood for you to
> question my honesty." ........Will Rogers
> From: "Vera Reeves" <>
> Sent: Friday, December 29, 2000 2:56 PM
> Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] roll call
> > Verna, I would still like to share info on Layne-Pinkston Family.
> > I have a large file on Zachariah Pinkston and I've taken 3 of his
children
> > and added them to my family file on FTM which I've added more to some of
> > them.
> > > Rich
> > > Pinkston definately from Baxtor cty
> > > Thanks
> > > Verna
> > > __________________________________________________
> > > Do You Yahoo!?
> > > Yahoo! Photos - Share your holiday photos online!
> > > http://photos.yahoo.com/