ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2001-04 > 0988154593

From: "Harold Blevins" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] CONYERS Book- Ron
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 18:26:52 -0500

Ron:

The Conyers book was privately published by Charles Thornton of
Tuscaloosa Al, whose wife is a Conyers descendant, for the Conyers
Reunion at Mt. Pleasant in 1988. It was about 150 pages, 8.5 X 11.
mimeographed, and punched for 3 ring binder. I saw the copy
belonging to my cousin Wilma, who was at the reunion. Quoting
the Batesville Guard writeup of the reunion, " Conyers said 150
booklets were printed and about140 of those were distrubuted over
the weekend" (Labor day, 1988).

Three or four years ago, I discovered that Charlie Thornton's son lived
about ten miles from me, so I called him and inquired about the book.
He said yes, he actually helped in the printing of the books and would
ask his mother if she still had one. He called again about a month later
and said he had a copy for me, so I met him at lunch one day and got it.
I didn't inquire further about the details, but got the impression this was
a one-time offer. (The book has lots of typos, misspelled names and
wrong dates, but gives a basic framework of the Conyers of Izard

<I would very much like to get a copy of the book. Do you know where i can
buy one?

This thread: