ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2002-07 > 1027115968

From: "Bernie Moore-Knowles" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L]Denton and Langston
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 15:04:59 -0700

Hi all

As I said or should have said, Scott says that he'll have my FTM up and
running tonight. I have to cook him dinner first, though! LOL

But, I wanted to let you know that I was sent some Potts information from
Michael Potts and will post it to the List when I get a second to check it
against my own data. There evidently is a family of Reynolds that are in
Izard Co. (or within boundaries of) circa 1840 or 1850, because I am running
into marriages for them within the Langston and newly acquired Potts ranks.

My Langstons were within the Fulton Co. areas at times and then into Baxter
Co., also........so, I am interested in seeing the connections with all that
you all are posting with what I have in my MIA FTM.

Will let you know and post what I have tonight, though. I promise.

I find it interesting that Jim Skaggs has my gggrandfather as Jonathan
"John" Denton, husband of Mary Ann "Polly" Langston. The "John" part is
what is real interesting to me.

When I was first active on this List and posted some of what I knew to be my
family information, I said that my ggrandmother was a Rebecca Jane Denton,
born May 11, 1860. I knew her birthdate from some papers that were found in
my grandmother's belongings. I was told by Tess Harper at that time, that
in all probability that my Denton ancestor was Jonathan Denton and have
researched this as such.

But recentlly I was sent June 1860 census records (Joyce from this List) and
it shows Polly Langston found in the home of her birth family - in Izard
Co.- and it shows Jonathan Denton in the home of a Green family in Fulton
Co.

Interesting, since they were supposed to have had a child together in May
and are enumerated in separate homes the next month. Don't you think?

Anyway, baby Rebecca is nowhere to be found. Maybe. There is however a
Rebecca Denton, aged one in the home of Jane Smith. Jane Smith was married
to a Denton and is widowed in the 1850 census and is widowed again in 1860,
following a Smith marriage. In her Smith household are two Smith children,
hers with this unknown Smith, James and John Denton, hers from the Denton
marriage and the infant; Rebecca Denton, aged one is lastly listed. I
believe Jane Smith is too old to have been the mother of this little girl,
Rebecca.

What do you all think?

Think I might have a new gggrandfather in John, in lieu of Jonathan? IT
has certainly crossed my mind. Kathryn Langston and I have discussed this a
few times off List and she is puzzled by it, also. Now, Kathryn Langston
knows her Langston genealogy folks. Me? I just explore possibilities and I
think we have a possibility here. Just maybe.

Bernie Moore-Knowles
Phoenix, Arizona