ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2005-04 > 1114704984

From: "Harold Blevins" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD-L] Sarah Shipman Hightower McElmurry-Bernie & Emma
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:16:25 -0500

Emma & Bernie:

I went back again and read the list of the children of Sarah
"Shipmore" and I see Stephen McElmurry and Lizzie
Anderson (nee McElmurry). Going back to my records,
I find that Elizabeth McElmurry, dau of John & Sarah,
married Hardy Anderson on 3 march 1892. Rootsweb
shows the mother of this Elizabeth to be Sarah E. Danhon.

So, was she Sarah Shipman or Hightower before she was
Danhon or McElmurry??????.......I have no idea!!!...hrb

> Oppps.... Question....
> Just got to looking and from somewhere I have a d. date for Sarah Shipman
as
> abt 1865.
>
> Now... this is the Sarah Shipman who married Jonh R. Hightower that we are
> talking about - right.
> 2 children:
> Fanny - b. 1859
> Martha Wren - b. 1861
>
> John R. Hightower d. 1862 in the CW.
>
> Perhaps there are 3 marriages.
>
> Or perhaps that d. date for Sarah Shipman is incorrect.
>
> The child Fanny Hightower b. 1859 would match for the Hightower, A in the
> 1870 census.
>
> Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
> Take care - Emma
>
> In a message dated 4/28/2005 7:35:45 AM Central Standard Time,
> writes:
> Now, I have this marriage record and it does say "Miss" in my file:
> John McLemurry of Izard Co., to Miss Sarah E. Danhon; Oct. 6, 1867 by
Josiah
> Kettel, J.P. (C-270) - Independence Co., Arkansas
>
> But, I show the date of birth for this Sarah; second wife to John "Peg
Leg"
> to be March 1839. Sarah Shipman's date of birth? 1838
>
> Are we looking at a three marriage for John McElmurry> First to Mary
Lewis,