ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2007-04 > 1176410402

Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Great riddle? Simmons, Haley, Cotham, Barksdale?
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:40:02 -0500

I found that too. And seems it was 1920 that the daughter Stella
"Boswell"
was living with "Sam". she's "Estella" in 1900, thats close enough for
me to believe
its the same family. However, the printed census for Izard just shows,
James W.
does the image online show Willias?

Also, the printed census shows that Nancy was a boarder, even though it
appears
the last name is the same and she's old enough to be his mother.

Take a look at Ky (since that's the noted b/p for Sam) the only Cotham
family in
Ky in 1870 is a Pleasant Cotham, aged 60, no Sam or James W. but there is
a 5 yr old
Walker. I haven't had a whole lot of time to spend but so far I haven't
been able
to find anything that comes close.

Maybe it was Sam's wife that was related to Barksdale.

James W. and Minerva are listed in Melbourne Cem. he died 1961 and
Minerva
died 1950

The same book (EHC Cemetery Survey) shows Barksdale, JTW Warsaw Shavors
Regt Ark Inf CSA
no dates in Ray Cem. ne of Lafferty. Where is Anderson? Would it have
been a option to return to Izard for burial? or maybe there is no dates
because he isn't buried there. I don't know.

I have enough mystery with my Langston's I don't know why I decided to
meddle.......
Bernie stirs the pot and I come along and (try to) add confusion to
it.......lol

Kathryn

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 13:58:22 -0500 "Wilma Norton"
<> writes:
> Sam was a nickname, he was James Willias Cotham, in 1900 Melbourne,
> 1910
> White River, haven't gotten to 1920 yet. Mother was Nancy, don't
> know who
> the father was.
>
> Wilma

This thread: