ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2007-11 > 1194228829

From: Ellen Reesh <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Looking for site to access free of charge
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 18:13:49 -0800

Betty and List members,
www.footnotes.com is a wonderful site, I played around in in several months ago using its free 7 day trial and wound up getting a full membership, it is well worth the $60. The nice thing about this site is you DO NOT have to give them a credit card # to use it during the free trial period, like Ancestry does. It keeps track and lets you know how many days you have left to go during the freebie time. Those of you with Indian Heritage check out all the documents that are on line, there is something for everyone on this site. It has partnered with NARA and also with the LDS Salt Lake Library and new stuff is being put on all the time. And much cheaper than Ancestry, as soon as my subscription to Ancestry is up I am not going to renew; they want $160 +; I can get the census records from other sources. The neat thing about Footenote is that you can look at and copy the ORIGINAL document. I was able to get RW Pension records of several of my ancestors.
As a disclaimer I want everyone to know I am not affiliated with Footnote other than being a VERY happy member.
Ellen Tolleson Reesh

Message: 3