ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2008-07 > 1215372399

From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD] DAVIDSON obits Peggy
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 14:26:39 -0500

> Yes, would appreciate both Minnie Naomi's and Alma's. Some years ago,
> received information on this List from STROUD relatives of Alma.

Cemeteries of Izard County, Arkansas
by Carroll E. Hayden
Gray Cemetery

Davidson, Mabel (Stroud)
#2 wife of Joseph Pinkney Davidson
3 Apr 1894 - 8 Sep 1945

Davidson, Minnie N. (Tunstall)
#1 wife of Joseph Pinkney Davidson
5 Apr 1880 - 13 Mar 1918

Melbourne Times - May 23, 1918
How sad it was on the 14th day of March when we heard that Minnie
was dead. I felt like I could not give up my friend, but God said to her
sprit come and it had to go. She was willing, ready and waiting for the
summons.
Minnie M. Davidson was about 38 old. She leaves a husband and seven
children, a grandmother and a host of friends to mourn her loss. So often I
have heard the remark: "Minnie Davidson was a good woman" and I believe if
there ever was a good woman she was.
A flower fair has gone form earth.
Transplanted in his love to blossom on the greater worth,
Before the throne above.
More beauty now than e'er before,
Our pretty blossom shows,
For cloudless skies are smiling o'er,
And Love light brightly glows.
God loves the flowers that we prize,
And wants them for his own,
And some he calls to paradise,
To beautify his throne.
Oh, let us try to meet her there,
That we some happy day,
May see again the flower fair,
That he has born away.
We miss the dear one but we know,
That we again shall meet,
Where fadeless flowers ever grow,
And life is bright and sweet.
Minnie was a Baptist. She was a Member of Concord Church and was a
true devoted Christian.
A Friend

Melbourne Times - Sep 13, 1945 - Mrs Mabel Stroud Davidson
Mrs Mabel Stroud Davidson, aged 61, died at her home in Sage,
Saturday. Survivors include four daughters, Mrs Alma Rose of Melbourne, Mrs
Faye Shell and Laura Davidson of Sage and Mrs Helm Cooper of Tulsa; a son J.
P. Davidson of Albuquerque, N. M., four stepdaughters, Mrs Mable Helm of
Shafter, Calif., Mrs Muriel Merchant of Richmond, Cal., and Mrs Gladys Helm
and Mrs Verbal Battles of Sage; two step-sons, Roy Davidson of Sage and Sgt.
Vaughn Davidson of Fort Sam Huston, Tex., a brother G. A. Stroud of
Batesville and a sister, Mrs William Qualls of Mount Pleasant.
Funeral services were conducted at the Sage Baptist Church Sunday
afternoon by Rev. Gus Poole of Mt. View. Burial was at the Gray Cemetery
near that place.

This thread: