ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2008-08 > 1219164166

From: PEGGY TRUESDELL <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Wiley KING b. abt. 1821, AL
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:42:46 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you, Vera! No wonder I couldn't find them in 1860 . . .

The 1880 census is intriguing. His wife in 1870 census is identified by others as Mary {ROWEN}. So, now did he have two wives named Mary ??? Did the 1870 wife Mary die and he married another one before 1880 previously married to LYNCH?

Wonder if any of you have noticed -- particularly in Marion County -- when you look for name, ancestry.com pulls up the whole page with all listed -- not broken down by family or household?

The 1860 Marion County census for Buffalo is an example of this. One household runs into another in their indexing. I am related to many, many people in that particular census -- and have curiosity about all the others. Some of my known families on that 1860 census: WOOLEY / PERRY / LUTHER / BAILEY / WALKER [remarriage of Frances "Fannie" { ? } LUTHER. Has anyone ever complained to them about this?

After I review what you sent, will get back with List. Good to know those in 1870 Fulton County census are brothers -- not offspring.

Sure appreciate your help, Vera. I was baffled.

Peggy

Peggy {KING} TRUESDELL

This thread: