ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2009-03 > 1236292743

From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD] Obit Look up -Vera
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 16:39:03 -0600

Didn't find the ones you wanted, Sorry.

Melbourne Times

Jan 24, 1936 - Local News of Interest

Mrs Dona Meers Davidson aged 79 died of paralysis at the home of
her son, J. P. Davidson of Sage Tuesday and was buried at the Gray Cemetery,
near Sage, Wednesday, Rev. Chas. Franks conducting the services. She is
survived by three sons Conrad of Muskogee, Okla., Troy of Piggott and J. P.
of Sage and four daughters; Mrs Carey Mayo of Tulsa, Okla.; Mrs Madge Helm
of Elk City, Okla., Mrs Grace Helm of Shawnee, Okla., and Mrs Lawrence
Jacobs of Melbourne.

Jul 16, 1926 - "Uncle Labe" Davidson

After an illness of several years of chronic rheumatism "Uncle
Labe" Davidson, as he was always called by his neighbors, died at the home
of son, Troy, in Melbourne, Monday afternoon and was buried in the Gray
Cemetery Tuesday.

He had been afflicted for several years with rheumatism and for
the past few years had been confined to his bed.

He is survived by his widow and seven children, Troy and Mrs
Sallie Jacobs of Melbourne, Conrad Davidson and Mrs Carrie Mayo of Oklahoma,
J. P. Davidson and Mrs Grace Helm of Sage and Mrs Madge Helm of Mt. Home.

Funeral services were conducted by Rev. W. M. Cooper of Mt.
Home.

The Times joins in with the entire community in expressing our
sympathy to the bereaves relatives.

Aug 10, 1933 - Walter Meers

Walter Meers aged 72 of Mountain Home, died Sunday morning of
paralysis and was buried at the Gray Cemetery, near Zion Monday. He is
survived by his widow, two boys, Paul of Mt Home and Leonard of California
and one daughter, Mrs Stella O'Neal of Bald Know. He was born and reared in
this county near Zion.

(Walter H. 12 Mar 1861 - 6 Aug 1933

Hope there's something here you can use.

===============================

> Vera,
> I am trying to put a family together and wonder if you can help me. This
> is
> what I have:
> Sarah A. Meers (or Mears) married a S. H. Atkinson ( or Adkinson) Oct 21,
> 1891, I found a Samuel Adkinson buried in the Gray / Felts Cemetery and
> all
> it say is "killed by lightening" no dates and was wondering if you might
> have more about Samuel? Since so many of Sarah's family is buried in this
> Cemetery I am thinking this might be the S.H Atkinson that I am looking
> for.
> Also do you have a Sarah A Adkinson / Atkinson remarring?
>
> Sarah A. Meers is the daughter of W P Mears and Sarah A. Jarrett Mears,
> she
> has a sister Dorcus (Donia) who married William Laban Davidson (they are
> buried in the Gray Cemetery as is her father)
>
> Sarah A. Jarrett Mears is the sister to my great great grandmother Jane
> Ann
> Jarrett Williams. I am also looking for an obit for Sarah A Mears (the
> older
> one) who died before 1900. She filed her final Homestead papers in 1888,
> was
> located in Franklin Twp, Izard County.

This thread: