ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2009-03 > 1236367338

From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD] DAVIDSON - Peggy
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 13:22:18 -0600

> Good morning, All!
>
> My connection is through relationship to Minnie Naomi TUNSTALL, first
> cousin to my mother. Minnie Naomi was daughter of Marcus F. TUNSTALL and
> Sarah Jane LUTHER. Minnie Naomi TUNSTALL and Joseph Pinkney DAVIDSON
> married 8 December 1897 in Izard County, AR. Minnie Naomi, b. April 1880,
> d. 1918.

Apr 22, 1938 - J. P. Davidson

J. P. Davidson aged 61, died suddenly Thursday morning of last
week at his home at Sage. He was a well known farmer and merchant of the
Sage community, was for a number of years president of the Bank of Barren
Fork at Mt. Pleasant and at the time of his death was one of the five
commissioners of the new courthouse now being constructed at Melbourne.

He is survived by his wife and 11 children, including four sons,
Roy, Ronald, Vaughn and J. P., Jr., all of Sage and seven daughters, Mrs
Mabel Helm of Elk City, Okla., Mrs Meryle Marchant of Pueblo, Colo., Mrs
Gladys Helm, Mrs Verbel Battle, Mrs Fay Shell, Miss Helen Davidson and Miss
Laura Alice Davidson all of Sage.

Burial was at the Gray Cemetery at three p.m. Saturday, Rev. W.
H. McCuistion and Eld. G. W. Howard conducting the services.

============

May 23, 1918 - Obituary

How sad it was on the 14th day of March when we heard that Minnie was dead.
I felt like I could not give up my friend, but God said to her sprit come
and it had to go. She was willing, ready and waiting for the summons. Minnie
M. Davidson was about 38 old. She leaves a husband and seven children, a
grandmother and a host of friends to mourn her loss. So often I have heard
the remark: "Minnie Davidson was a good woman" and I believe if there ever
was a good woman she was.

=================

# 2 wife ?

Sep 13, 1945 - Mrs Mabel Stroud Davidson

Mrs Mabel Stroud Davidson, aged 61, died at her home in Sage,
Saturday. Survivors include four daughters, Mrs Alma Rose of Melbourne, Mrs
Faye Shell and Laura Davidson of Sage and Mrs Helm Cooper of Tulsa; a son J.
P. Davidson of Albuquerque, N. M., four stepdaughters, Mrs Mable Helm of
Shafter, Calif., Mrs Muriel Merchant of Richmond, Cal., and Mrs Gladys Helm
and Mrs Verbal Battles of Sage; two step-sons, Roy Davidson of Sage and Sgt.
Vaughn Davidson of Fort Sam Huston, Tex., a brother G. A. Stroud of
Batesville and a sister, Mrs William Qualls of Mount Pleasant.

Funeral services were conducted at the Sage Baptist Church
Sunday afternoon by Rev. Gus Poole of Mt. View. Burial was at the Gray
Cemetery near that place.

This thread: