ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2009-03 > 1236388594

From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD] Duran / Dunen
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 19:16:34 -0600

> Thank you Vera,
> Jane Ann was my gg-grandmother, H.C Duran was married to her daughter Ann
> Elizabeth "Liz" Williams, who died in 1895. Henry C. and his second wife
> (also a Liz) took Jane Ann in after her son Tillman Williams and daughter
> Sophonia (my great-grandmother) died. Henry C. and Ann Elizabeth had 3
> daughters, Perlie Duran who died in 12 July 1901, Grace Duran who married
> W. M. Ford, and Lizzie Duran bn 1895 and married a ??? Keylon.
> Do you have anything on any of those names. I am trying to fill in as many
> blanks as I can on this Williams family.
>
> Ellen

Cemetery book shows: Violet Hill
Perlie Euphotes Duren 28 Feb 1882 - 12 Jul 1901
if that is the correct date of birth wouldn't she be the d/o #1 wife ?

Calico Rock Progress - Calico Rock, Izard County, AR

Feb 25, 1955 - W. M. Ford Funeral at Oxford Saturday

Funeral services for Wm Maston Ford, well known citizen of
Oxford, who died suddenly Thursday morning, February 17, were held at the
Oxford Methodist Church, Saturday with Rev. D. G. Hindman of Melbourne
officiating. Interment was in Oxford Cemetery. He was 79 years of age.

Mr Ford was a native of Tennessee and came to Arkansas when he
was 4 years old. With the exception of four years residence in Texas, the
remainder of his life was spent at Oxford. As a young man he taught in
schools of this section. He served for a number of years as postmaster at
Oxford. He was a member of the Oxford school board for a number of years. He
was a member of the Methodist Church.

Surviving are his wife; two daughters, Mrs Forrest Armstrong of
Tishomingo, Okla., and Mrs Dennis Bell of Newport; two brothers, Walter of
Los Angeles, Calif., and Bryant of Kansas City, Mo., and one sister, Mrs
Owen Stone of Cotter.

(Oxford Cemetery shows: W. M. Ford 1875 - 1955)
(Grace T. Ford 1887 - 1970) don't have obituaries that cover that time
frame.

=====================
Jun 13, 1941 - Death

H. C. Duren, 83, died at his home at Violet Hill Tuesday. He is
survived by four daughters; Mrs Lizzie Keylon of Wheeling, Mrs Claris Hays
of Brockwell, Miss Nancy Duren of Violet Hill and Mrs Grace Ford of Oxford
and three sons, J. P. and Robert of Violet Hill and Arthur Duren of Yale,
Okla.

(Henry C. Duren is buried in the Violet Hill Cemetery 18 Apr 1859 - 10 Jun
1941)

This cemetery book shows Louisa Elizabeth (Blevins) as wife # 2 of Henry C.
Duren md 17 Jun 1896. 5 Dec 1869 - 5 Apr 1940.

==============

Melbourne Times - Melbourne, Izard County, AR

Feb 20, 1920 - Community News

Miss Bertie, the 22 year-old daughter of H. C. and Mrs Duren,
died of Pneumonia at her home near Violet Hill Tuesday. Miss Duren is a
former student of the Melbourne High School and has many friends who are
grieved to learn of her death. The remains was buried in the Fairview
Cemetery Wednesday, Eld. Moses Cooper conducting the funeral services.

(note: Violet Hill Cemetery - Duren, Bertie Lee - 26 Jun 1897 -
17 Feb 1920)

Mar 26, 1920 - In Memory

Miss Bertie, daughter of H. C. and Mrs Lizzie Duren, of Violet
Hill was born June 26th1897. Was converted and united with New Prospect
Baptist Church, 1910. In 1912 she moved her membership to Fair View Church
where it remained until her death, February 17, 1920.

Thus has passed away one of Izard County's finest young women
cultivated, kind to all, cheerful, industrious and sacrificing for others.
She taught in the public schools for several terms. The boys and girls whom
she taught will always cherish her memory.

Sister Bertie was an exceptional church member, always there and
took part in the work of the church. After having been her pastor for three
years, I shall miss her sunshine and service beyond measure. We do not
understand the providences of God now; but shall when all the redeemed shall
assemble with Jesus in the home eternal.

May our loving Father's grace be supplied to comfort all the
bereaved. By her Pastor, L. H. Davis.

=====================

Jan 7, 1960 - Services Held For James P. Duren

James P. Duren, aged 61, a resident of Sage, died Monday,
December 28 at a Batesville hospital. He was born in Violet Hill, was a
farmer and a member of the Violet Hill Baptist Church.

Survivors are his wife, Mrs Emily May Duren; one daughter, Mrs
Wayne Smith of Sage; two brothers, R. C. Duren, Violet Hill and A. A. Duren
of Oklahoma; four sisters, Mrs Grace Ford and Mrs Elizabeth Keylon, both of
Wheeling, Arkansas, Mrs Nancy Langston of Wiseman and Mrs Claris Hayes of
Melbourne and one grandson.

The service was held in the Violet Hill Church Wednesday
afternoon, December 30 at 2 o'clock. Burial was in the Violet Hill Cemetery.
The Rev. Laman Dobbins was the minister in charge. Crouch Funeral Home
directed.

Union Cemetery Fulton County, AR

Keylon, Elizabeth 1894 - 1967

book shows w/o Lewis E. Keylon