ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2009-03 > 1236397332

From: Ellen Reesh <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Mears & Jarrett - Ellen
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 19:42:12 -0800

Marsha,
Sorry I hit a wrong button and didn't answer you correctly.
Sarah A. Jarrett was born around 1832, I have used census records to come up
with that date. I still don't have a death date or place of burial for her.
After her husband William P. Meers died she homesteaded about 160 acres of
land in Franklin Twp, in Feb. of 1876, she purchased the R.F Jones homestead
claim from him for $185 and then finished out the homestead claim and it is
recorded in Henderson Land Office (Final Claim # 5956).
Sarah A. Jarrett was the daughter of Tabitha ?? and Tillman P. Jarrett, she
was born in GA, both parents were born in SC. She married William P. Mears
14 Feb. 1858 in GA.
They had the following children:
1. Dorcas C A Meers 13 March 1859 - m. William Laban Davidson abt 1876 -
Died 21 Jan 1936
2. Walter H (sometimes have seen it as N) Meers bn 12 March 1861 - m. Arena
J. Gray abt 1887 - died 06 Aug 1936 lived in Pleasant Hill Twp, Izard Co
until 1920 where he is found living in Mountian Home, Baxter Co. He was
alway a stockman & trader.
3. Cary J. Meers bn 09 Sept 1863 died 09 June 1870
4. Sarah E. Meers (aka Sallie) bn abt 1866 -m. S.H. Atkinson / Adkinson 21
Oct. 1891 - have nothing more on her
5. Mary E. Meers bn 05 Feb 1868 - m. Robert W. "Will" Chestnut abt 1885 died
All of the above children were born in Georgia
6. William P. Meers bn 24 June 1870 died 10 Jan 1897 Born in AR
All of the above children were buried in Gray / Felts Cemetery with the
exception of Sarah E. who I can't find.
I have no idea where Sarah A and W.P Meers /Mears are buried.

Ellen (in sunny No. CA )