ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2009-03 > 1236621224

From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD] Obits before 1900 for Izard/Baxter counties?
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 12:53:44 -0500

> Vera, thanks.
> They probably didn't have a proper headstone so that makes it really
> difficult.
> Pat

If there was a marker of any kind with a name on it, the name would have
been recorded by the Corp of Engineers. It may have been wooden and over the
years rotted. Also in one cemetery were I found some of these kind of
markers there had been a fire. Some were chared and others may have burned.
I still think if there was a marker when the Corp went in the early 40s
thier name would have been on a list.

Since this area was near Fulton County I checked their cemetery book.

This thread: