ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2009-03 > 1236621340

From: "jackson family" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Obits before 1900 for Izard/Baxter counties?
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 10:55:40 -0700

We just restored a cemetery in Ok. there were 32 graves and we only knew of
19 and of that 19 we only know where about half are exactly. Unfortunately
they are all marked with just a stone(rock) headstone and footstone. Most
everyone who would have know who was buried where have passed on. And the
ones remaining just don't remember.
My husband and I erected a sign for the cemetery and plan on putting up a
plaque in June that will name the people that we know for sure are buried
there. Even though we don't know exactly where they are buried at least
descendants will know their ancestor is buried within that cemetery fence.
I just hope I can somehow figure out the rest of the names(b/4 June) of the
people who are buried there.
Helen