ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2009-03 > 1236621926

From: "Pat Brewer" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Obits before 1900 for Izard/Baxter counties?
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 12:05:26 -0600

Helen,

This is so much more common than we realize. I spent hours a few years ago
walking a remote cemetery in Missouri. I have Death Certificates for 2 of
my people showing them buried there. No sign of a grave that I can claim and
sadly another case where no one knows who has records or if there ever were
any.

Also there in Arkansas I have graves but no headstones so I can only guess
where the graves might be. It's a little country cemetery called Woods
Graveyard, at least on the Death Certificates. Was out near Charlotte I
believe. I know I'll never find it again by myself.

But Helen you are a sweet kind person to do all that you have. Bless you
and I hope some of the families will recognize you and your family for this.
Pat