ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2009-03 > 1236635384

From: Ellen Reesh <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Mears & Jarrett - Ellen
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 14:49:44 -0700

Betty,
The rest of my Jarrett family is Richard Jarrett bn 1836 in Cherokee Co. GA
Married Sara Jarvis in Ball Ground, Cherokee Co. GA. move to Izard County
abt 1869. is found in Franklin Twp, Izard Co. 1870 census (pg 209) with wife
Sally and the following children:
1. Lafeyette Jarrett bn abt 1858
2. Safronia Jarrett bn abt 1860
3. Jane Jarrett bn abt 1862
4. Susan Jarret bn abt 1865
5. Mary Jarrett bn abt 1866
6. Joshua Jarrett bn abt 1869
Acording to Census record all were born in Georgia.

C, Kinsey Jarrett bn abt 1837 married Mary Bearden also came out to Arkansas
with brother-in-law Edley and sister Jane Ann Jarett Williams in 1869. They
had the following children:
1.Sara Jane Jarrett bn 22 july 1864 married (1) Newton Jones 12 Dec. 1891
(2) Joohn Henley died 19 March 1950 in Izard Co.
2. Nancy D. Jarrett bn 20 Aug 1869 married John Francis Finley.
This Jarrett family is found in the 1870 census for Franklin Twp, Izard
County. Then in 1880 the two girl are found living with Edley and Jane Ann
Jarrett listed as nieces.

And of course Sarah Jarrett married William P. Mears (Meers) and all that
info has been the subject of resent Posts on the Meers- Davidson families.
Jane Ann Jarrett married Edley Williams (my gg-grandparents) the two sisters
were also found in Franklin Twp, Izard County in the 1870 census. But in the
late 1880's Jane Ann and Edley Homesteaded land in Pleasant Hills twp. Izard
County.

Ellen