ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2009-03 > 1237236550

From: Annita Fulton <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Obits before 1900 for Izard/Baxter counties?
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 15:49:10 -0500

Vera,

When the Corps of Engineers goes in and builds dams and floods the area where there's a cemetery, they do keep documents with the names of the graves moved, in their Real Estate Division. The Norfolk Dam documents would be maintained by the Little Rock District. I retired from the Corps Real Estate Division in Omaha a few years ago, but don't believe this policy would have changed. I'm sure you could Google the USACE, Little Rock Real Estate Division for a phone number or address. If you have a problem, let me know and I'll help. Also, isn't Salesville right next to the Dam? I know my Mom's cousins have an annual get-to-gether there, but don't know if there's any town there or not. I only remember the school/church and a small grocery store.

Annita (Taylor) Fulton