ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2009-03 > 1237238835

From: "Vera Reeves" <>
Subject: [ARIZARD] Obits before 1900 for Izard/Baxter counties?
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:27:15 -0500

I have copies of the names of the cemeteries moved and the people in them from the Corps.
If there was a marker it was also moved. If not in a lot of cases a field stone marks the spot. In some, wooden markers were made and they have since rotted. These papers tell where the cemetery was and were it was moved to. When the name is on the list but no stone found I've tried to find an obituary to give the dates or at least some kind of information.

I'm going to have to get some more posted and also see if I can't get the energy to get out and walk some more now that the weather is getting nice.

Just below the Norfork Dam is the little town of Salesville. There is still a store, fire station and city hall. They still have their own mayor but the children in that area go to school in Norfork and have for the last 20 years or so. "I Think" I've been back in Baxter County since 1990 and I'm pretty sure there's been no school there since then.