ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2009-09 > 1253801653

From: "Ginny" <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Searching for CW vets RING/BLAND/JOHNSON/
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 10:14:13 -0400

Ginny,

Thanks for the comments. Freeman's Regiment is a tough one to write about
as he apparently was not very good abt writing down what his unit was
doing
in the war. I'll see what I have and let you know. And if you would like
for me to check on your family memebrs who served, let me know.

Rick
Hi Rick,
Yes, I would like to learn of any civil war military service or unit history
of these men in my family
George W. BLANN McCarver`s
James C. RING....McCarver`s
Sherperd H.RING ...McCarver`s
Zacary "Taylor" RING......Freeman`s)
Martin RING, uncle of these Ring men and father in law of George W.
Blann/Bland ( Freeman`s)
George W. THOMPSON.....surgeon
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Not much is know of Freeman's activities as he did not file reports with his
superiors. What is written about his activities was done by others,
including the enemy. His troops fought well but were usually short on arms
and did not fare as well as some well armed brigades. General Price did
report that Freeman shot two of his own men for marauding on the Missouri
Raid.