ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2011-12 > 1324333060

From: Pauline Schwarz <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Obituary for William Hanks
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 16:17:40 -0600 (CST)

Hi Don:

Thanks for looking. This William Hankls is my GG grandfather. Think the
Carrol County might be right and may have branched off to Boone County.
Lots of county changes in AR. There are a lot of William Hanks and this
William IV was born in SC but moved to Wilcox, Alabama with his father
William Hanks III, son of Epiphroditus Hanks, VA, NC and then SC. William
Hanks III died in Texas about 1833 or so. William Hanks IV went from Wilcox
County, AL to Caddo Parish, LA before going on to Arkansas. I have papers
in to the DAR to try to get Epiphroditus recognized as a patriot. They need
further acceptable proof of the parentage of William III and William IV. I
have included Dale Hanks book pages but they want more documentation. Have
ordered the Adin Baber book from the library (Hanks Family of Virginia and
Westward.) Hopefully it will show everything and maybe they will accept
that, but if I could find an obituary it would help. I have deeds from LA
and AL but not enough of a connection for proof. Can't findeither one on
Find a Grave or in the case of William IV in Arkansas Gravestones. I
thought maybe the obituary would indicate the cemetery and perhaps his
father.

Regards,

Pauline