ARIZARD-L Archives

Archiver > ARIZARD > 2011-12 > 1324345660

From: Pauline Schwarz <>
Subject: Re: [ARIZARD] Obituary for William Hanks
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 19:47:40 -0600 (CST)

Hi Joyce,

Thanks. I am looking for something that shows William Hanks III as son of
Epiphroditus and something that shows William IV is son of William III. The
DAR requirements for proof are pretty strict. I need wills (don't think
there any) or deed transfers, Obituaries (if I can find them) and or
pictures of grave stones or birth/death certificates. Most states at the
time they were born and died did not keep records. They didn't accept Dale
Hanks books without corobrating evidence. We know the information is
correct but proving it is something else. They don't accept 1820 and 1830
census reports either since it doesn't list family members like the census
reports 1850 and later. I have no problem with my line back to William IV.
Just need William III and William IV parent proof. If I can get that and
can get Epiphroditus declared a patriot all the female descendants over 18
that can prove their lineage back to him will be eligible to join the DAR.
I belong already through my Harris lineage. Think there are a lot of
descendants that would be interested including descendants of Cora Roberta
"Bertie" Hanks McGinnis, daughter of Roland Hancel Hanks and Hulda Jane
"Jennie" Jeffery, my grandmother.

Thanks again for the information.

Regards,

Pauline Harris Schwarz