ARMADISO-L Archives

Archiver > ARMADISO > 2000-02 > 0951537939

From: Shelley Lee <>
Subject: [ARMADISO-L] Phillips/Sanders/Lee-Hindsville
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 22:05:39 -0600

The recent post mentioning Sanders, Phillips, Hines, etc
joggled my mind and I checked my LEA's, finding this:
William Jasper LEA b 4 Apr 1832 Apr TN, d (of measles during
Civil War) 13 Sep 1862, buried Bohannon Mt Cemetery
(cemetery list). She remarried William Rainey 1865/66 and
had 3 children: Mrs Annie PHILLIPS, George Rainey of
Waldron, and Sam Rainey of Hindsville. Wm J Lea purchased
land S32 T17N R26W Hindsville Twp, Carroll Co (or Madison
Co) AR 1861. Hindsville now Prairie Twp in Madison Co AR.

William LEA's father was also a William and he died ca 1847
Madison Co AR. 1847 mortgage; grantors Hale BACON and wife
Katherine (Lea), Francis Marion LEA and wife Hannah, Sarah
Ann LEA, Nancy WHITLEY (Lea), all heirs to estate of William
LEA to John SANDERS and wife Mary and Robert SANDERS,
grantee and then one in reverse grantors/grantees. John (b
1810 VA) and Mary Sanders (b 1806 TN) living next to
Francis Marion LEA in 1860 Prairie Twp, Madison Co AR. The
widow LEA was Nancy Unknown, and I'm wondering if she may
have been a SANDERS??

Anyone have info on Nancy, widow LEA?

Thx

Shelley