ARMSTRONG-L Archives

Archiver > ARMSTRONG > 2002-08 > 1029263519

Subject: [ARMSTRONG-L] Charles Armstrong family, Jefferson Co. OH,1801
Date: 13 Aug 2002 12:31:59 -0600

Surnames: Armstrong, Jackman, Ekey, Swickard,
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/kQB.2ACIB/2473

Message Board Post:

Hi,
This is the information I have on my Charles Armstrong family.
Charles b. abt 1763, Ireland m. Susannah Jackman, daugh of Richard Jackman Sr. settled in Jefferson Co. Oh. in 1801. Both died there in Jefferson Co.(Island Creek twp.) Charles d. 1851 and Susannah 1842. Have deeds and etc.
Had seven children: Charles Jr., unknown, Robert, b.1804, m. Ann Ekey, Margaret, b.1801 m. John Marsteller, George, b. 1811 m. Mary Ann Swickard, William m. Susannah unknow, before 1848 possibly Mires, and John unknown. Charles Jr.left before 1840, William after 1848, and John unknown.
In 1850 Census for Jefferson Co. Charles, born Pa, age 15 living with Grandfather Charles age 89. Parents unknown.
George moved Seneca Co. Oh. before 1834 and Robert by 1866.
Anyone have any connections. Would love to exchange information on family.
Thanks Marge

This thread: