ARNOLD-L Archives

Archiver > ARNOLD > 1998-06 > 0898092729

From: Suzanne Cain <>
Subject: John Arnold - his son, William, named in Spartenburg,SC will 1813.
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 09:12:09 -0500

I have saved like crazy the outstanding info crossing on the long time
ARNOLD researchers. Appreciate your early history AND your major efforts
when mail was the main transport and paper the only copy. I've been
there in another unrelated surname and it wasn't easy.
I am new ARNOLD researcher and wish to ask a question while the Srs.
seem to be looking.

John Arnold of Spartenburg Dist.,SC, named his children in his 1813
will.They seemed to move in group with allied families across opening
Indian lands, GA,AL, and, my search group, to Henderson Co.,TN, where at
least 3 of John's named children died.Henderson Co.,TN lost alot of
early records.
My question: William Arnold m. Nancy Meredith and he died in Henderson
Co.,TN Aug 1830.Did he name his children or is the list a reconstruction
from various sources. If so, what is the documentation? Anyone know?
My husband is a descendant (gggrandson of Wm, >Martin>Nancy P. Arnold
Cain >J. Hubert Cain> Bill C. Cain) of this line. Appreciate any help.
Sue Cain

This thread: