ARSALINE-L Archives

Archiver > ARSALINE > 2002-01 > 1010461447

Subject: Re: rigsby
Date: 7 Jan 2002 20:44:07 -0700

Surnames: Rigsby, Warford, Langley
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/1V.2ADE/237.1

Message Board Post:

James M Rigsby is a 1 yr old in the household of Benjamin Franklin Rigsby and wife Dorcas Warford in the 1860 census, Phillips Twp, Hot Spring Cy. James is an 11 yr old in the same household, same township, in the 1870 census.
Only problem is that Dorcas was first married to Green Berry Langley in 1854 (Hot Spring Cy Marriage Book I). I have found no record of her marriage to Benjamin F Rigsby. So there is a chance - probably slim - that the father of James M Rigsby was Green Berry.
I have a death date of 1889 for James Rigsby, but I think that is based solely on the remarriage of his wife in 1889.

Fred
San Antonio, TX

This thread: