ASHBY-L Archives

Archiver > ASHBY > 2009-06 > 1244100321

From: Nena Smothers <>
Subject: [ASHBY] Timmons/Ashby
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 07:25:21 +0000

EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me

Is Ruth Goodman still on this list?
Trying to figure out who the parents of
Capt George Timmons really are. She has
listed as parents [some others list Samuel Timmons and a Nancy, I really don't know.]

Now George's sister was a Winnifred Timmons I know that and she md Peter Ashby, and I have listed Henry and Elizabeth as Winnifred's parents, so Winnifred and George have to have same parents, just dont know which set they belong too.....does anyone else for sure?

Winnifred, George also had a sister Hannah.
Shes been discussed lately in association with the Branson family.
think we've finally figured out the confusion on her and it appears it is her, the sister Hannah to George that md an Amos Branson can anyone help document this in some way though?

then George marries Rose Ashby, dau/o Stephen Ashby, son of the Capt Thos Ashby and they have a dau name Hannah also who is born around 1794 and now it seems she never actually married but her children have the name of Branson. Thus the confusion of both Hannah's assoc/w Branson.

George's sis born around 1773 I guess and his dau born around 1794. I do not know the first name of his dau's Branson person however.

A desc of Peter and Winnifred oddly enough has a father/son both name Henry Timmons Ashby Sr and Jr.....so I am really thinking maybe George's dad was this Henry Timmons. But I just don't know. Thanks kindly for any help!

1 Henry TIMMONS b Eng ? 1720-40
+ Elizabeth Hubbard GREEN b 1720-40 Eng ?
2 George TIMMONS b: 7 FEB 1763 d: 19 SEP 1845
+ Rose ASHBY b: 1767 d: 1812
2 Winnifred TIMMONS b: ABT. 1764 d: 10 AUG 1839
+ Peter ASHBY I b: 1751 d: 29 JAN 1833
2 Hannah TIMMONS b: 1773
+ Amos BRANSON b: ABT 1770

This thread: