ATKINS-L Archives

Archiver > ATKINS > 2011-03 > 1301029291

From: "Kyle Atkins" <>
Subject: Re: [ATKINS] RIDDELL REUNION
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 22:01:31 -0700

Wanda,
I remain interested in proving your Atkins (through Robert of Prince Edward
Co VA) connect to my Atkins (via Robert's probable brother William also of
Prince Edward VA). I understand you only have circumstantial evidence that
Robert is in fact the father of John & Joseph. DNA can prove the
connection.

If any male Atkins descendant of the Brockman marriages attends your
reunion, please have him get in touch with me because making a link in our
Colonial past is as simple as finding his "Y" DNA matches mine.

As an additional bit we do have a result from a supposed descendant of
John/Joseph/ Atkins/Brockman. and he does not match anyone who has ever
tested at Family Tree DNA. Your line may be a new Genetic Atkins group, or
theirs may have had a "non Paternal event" which is yet to be solved.

Best wishes for your reunion,
Kyle Atkins